HAFT drive shafts (drive units)
HAFT drive shafts (drive units) are designed to provide a dynamic joint of drive wheels with the vehicle's engine. Each drive shaft has two constant-velocity joints (CV joints).
HAFT drive shafts (drive units) - main design features and advantages:
- All parts of the product are manufactured from high-quality alloyed construction steel, that is characterized by the best indicators for the following parameters:
- wear resistance and durability;
- thermal conductivity and thermal resistance;
- toughness, mechanical strength, hardness;
- corrosion resistance;
- electric and magnetic conductivity;
- Thermal treatment of each part with high-frequency currents on the first stage of manufacturing ensures maximal hardness of working surfaces.
- Lack of gaps in ball coupling with inner cage and inner race is a result of using diamond cutters during polishing of working surfaces of outer cage. This feature ensures long service life of HAFT drive shafts and prevents vibrations across all speed ranges.
- Porous chrome plating of the balls and inner cage in constant velocity joints allows to reduce noise levels during operation of the vehicle and significantly prolong service life of product's parts involved in the friction.
It is also worth mentioning the specially designed lubricant compound containing molybdenum disulfide (MOS2), that is used in constant velocity joints - key parts of HAFT drive units. The lubricant compound has the following technical characteristics, that prolong the service life of HAFT drive units:
- High durability, through which the lubricant is held on the joint during its usage.
- High viscosity, that prevents lubricant from transforming into liquid and dropping from the joint even in high temperatures during vehicle usage.
- Impressive shock absorbing properties preserve element's surfaces from damage in places of contact.
- Increase in CV joint's service time due to anti-corrosion properties of the compound.
- High adhesion and water-repelling properties allow for a firm connection on the molecular level of lubricant compound with CV joint's working surface.
- Mechanical and physical/chemical stability of the lubricant compound therefore above mentioned characteristics can be relevant for a long time of usage.